The Funda Tournament
Brampton Thunder Women’s Recreational Hockey Tournament
Saturday, May 13, 1-8 pm, Wave Twin Rinks–1179 Northside Rd, Burlington
The Funda Tournament has three main purposes:
1) To increase awareness of the CWHL Brampton Thunder women’s hockey team
2) To raise money for the Brampton Thunder through revenue from the tournament fees and raffle
3) To provide a fun tournament experience for adult women’s recreational hockey players
PLEASE NOTE: This is a beginner-friendly tournament, which means that the rules of the tournament promote good sportsmanship and discourage aggressive play. The tournament is designed around encouraging women’s hockey players who are newer to the sport and also those more experienced players who enjoy playing with beginners.
We accept individual entries only (no teams). Must be at least 18 years of age as of May 13, 2017 to participate.
· Cost–$75. All proceeds go directly to The Brampton Thunder
· You will be assigned to a team and notified of your schedule by your team captain by May 1, 2017 . Your team will be provided with jerseys to wear for the day
· Spaces are limited—first come, first serve.
· Each team will have at least one Brampton Thunder player for all games.
· As this is a fundraiser for the Brampton Thunder team, THERE ARE NO REFUNDS ONCE WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT.
· The first game starts at 1 pm and the final is at 7 pm.
· All games are played at the Wave Twin Rinks–1179 Northside Rd, Burlington, ON L7M 1H5
· Three games guaranteed with a possible fourth game if your team makes the final.
· No slapshots—a player taking a slapshot will be given a penalty
· No player is allowed to score more than two goals per game.
· Any player may be removed from the tournament at any time for any reason as determined by the tournament conveners.
· If there is a tie in standings at the end of preliminary play, the tie will be broken by 1) fewest penalty minutes, 2) number of players on team with a goal or an assist, 3) head-to-head result, 4) coin toss.
Click here for the waiver and registration form.
We’d like to thank you for supporting the Brampton Thunder and ultimately helping grow the game.